Wednesday 22 June 2011

Damn... I'm not looking good.

So today I played the demo of Duke Nukem Forever and oh dear... I wasn't impressed. First of all I was shocked (and quite appalled) at the graphics but even the gameplay was very straight forward and disappointing. The only thing I will say for it is that the novelty parts of the game make it quite enjoyable such as the ability to interact with a variety of different things (such as toilets and whiteboards in the demo) but I know that this kind of novelty is short lived. If this game had been released when it was supposed to be then I probably would have loved it but unfortunately it's too little too late. I imagine lots of people will enjoy it, and I'm sure I would for awhile too but for forty of my hard earned squids? no no, no no. Anyway it made me want to do a little sketch of a deflated Duke and so I grabbed my sketchbook and a pencil and whacked this out... Then I went to play on Gears of war 2 because that is a game that is still worth playing. Shame on you Duke! Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment