Thursday 3 November 2011

The Raven's Silhouette


Ok so after changing my mind four times on the current project that we've been working I ended up writing a short story about a raven. I should mention at this stage that the project revolved around a word that we were given at random - my word was "Birds". I've been hitting dead end after dead end but after reading Jonathan Livingstone Seagull (at the request of Matt, our head of year for illustration) I decided it was either illustrate that book or write my own short story. Being a total cunt, I decided to write my own story. Anyway, we also had a really good (but perhaps too long for my twisted spine) lecture from the illustrator Matthew Richardson. His collage work really influenced the way that I thought I should illustrate my short story and you can definitely see that I've nabbed his style for the purpose of this project. Here's one of my final images that I completed today, it's written for the scene where the raven fledgling is found by his elderly companion.
I should also point out that I have been without my graphics tablet for a good couple of weeks now and so working in this way is not only convenient but the only way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment